Dawn's Light Walkthrough by ServerineSnape

Discuss puzzle solutions, general tips, walkthroughs and strategies in here.

Dawn's Light Walkthrough by ServerineSnape

Postby Daniel » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:35 am

SeverineSnape has written an amazing walkthrough for Dawn's Light. It contains a full walkthrough of the main storyline as well as every single side quest! You'll also find lists of letters, fish, artifacts, trinkets, outfits and skills! :o

You can download it from http://www.johnwizard.com/misc/DawnsLightWalkthrough.pdf

Feel free to leave a comment for SeverineSnape if you use the walkthrough. I'll go first. Thank you very much for writing this amazing walkthrough! :D
"May your journey be blessed and may dragons protect you on your journey."
Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Dawn's Light Walkthrough by ServerineSnape

Postby Inci » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:54 am

Thanks SeverineSnape ..... you rock :)

Offtopic : Just noticed your siggy ....
Wooster, thy name is ..... erm ..... lazy :mrgreen:
Last edited by Inci on Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inci

Postby SeverineSnape » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:02 am

You're very welcome! It was a pleasure to make it. Not that I needed an excuse to play the game again :)

I'm sure there are things I missed or got wrong (I'm especially bad at getting my directions straight, I often say west when I mean east), so let me know if you find anything and I'll change it in the walkthrough!
Jeeves, I am not awake. I have not had my tea and yet you bring me Fink-Nottles.
SeverineSnape

Postby No@ » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:22 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Noa
No@

Postby witchy54 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:01 pm

from a person who always needs help on the computer, I THANK THEE!!!!!!!! VERY VERY MUCH!!!!! :P :mrgreen: :lol:
witchy54

Postby witchy54 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:07 pm

when I download walkthrough it won't open. am I doing something wrong? please help!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am stuck on trying to get the cat's to move :cry:
witchy54

Postby brain162 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:00 pm

THANK you very much for the walkthrough! DUE to my health, without a walkthtrough, I get lost very easily!!! I am very grateful!!!Brain162 :D :D
brain162

Postby Finnius » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:51 pm

minor corrections:

In Quest #5 of walkthrough...you have "148" as a treasure...that would be a mana potion.

In Quest #28, if you keep walking up to the room where you originally got the Spring Boots, you will find that that chest has been refilled. (I can't remember what it was, I'm starting my 2nd runthru of the game now, and I'm not there yet)

Also, a funny inconsistancy in the storyline in general. When you get the map to Snowball Island, and you go to it immediately...(Vera not being in the party yet)...you will have Vera appear in your party to converse with the locals...even tho she is not IN the party...funny! (if you were keep doing the mission she wont be there to help you during battles....)
Finnius

Postby SeverineSnape » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:04 am

LOL that is funny!

Thanks for pointing out those errors! Not a CLUE what happened with the 148 thing... that is just so odd! I coloured it blue for mana potion, though... :D

Lemme know what else is in the chest with the spring boots!
Jeeves, I am not awake. I have not had my tea and yet you bring me Fink-Nottles.
SeverineSnape

Postby Finnius » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:34 am

...sure. I'm going thru your walkthru as I do the 2nd run. Will update as I find stuff.

As for spelling mistakes, I AM an english major, but If someone else wants to start a fresh game and do a 'spelling' check...feel free. I'm sure John would appreciate a list, just for accuracy. I'm already getting deep into the 2nd run...and don't want to start ANOTHER fresh game.

Edit: Although it has been mentioned in another thread, If you are using the 1.0 version of the game, you can go to the Inn at Twilight for FREE sleeping, but if you have the 1.1 version, that bug has been fixed (along with lowering the requirements for the slime suit and a few other things). It appears that John is NOT supplying multiple versions on the site (or fixlogs anywhere on the site as well)....I suppose that I can put the original 1.0 on one of my Skydrive accounts for anyone to d/l...but only if Daniel/Andrew says it is ok. I have copies of both.
Finnius

Postby Finnius » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:28 pm

Ok, so far today:

Quest #15 - Pirate Mines - this isn't a 'find'..but funny...when Kain joins the party...have a look at his equipment description (screen where you change equipment) by highlighting each item.

Quest #15 - Pirate Mines - Way towards the end, right after you have removed all the items off the tracks and gotten off the cart, the room where Vera learns "Contagious Stab"...you see that pile of boxes in the upper left? Head RIGHT of those boxes...YES! it's a little hidden room! Inside is:
Golden Ink, Big Double Potion, Golden Harp...in 3 barrels
Scroll of Strength, Scroll of Wisdom, Double Potion...in 1 chest
Note: Even if you have gone thru the Pirate Mines before, you can STILL get to that hidden room, just follow the course you originally took to go thru...jump in the single cart, ride it to the end, run thru the cart switching section, pull the lever where the 'remove items off tracks' section is, (there won't be a cart there, but never fear, just pull the lever anyway, and you will be teleported) and voila' !

Quest #16 - The Pirate Demon - At end of quest when you are in the room with the Axehead Fish...you CAN get it right now, just fish 3x..he will say "so close"...and the 3rd time you will get it.

Quest #40 - Bonechill Island - There are 2 sets of "5 gold" in the center open field( where the robots were milling around during the trial) in the woodpiles

...more as I find 'em...after work today.
Finnius

Postby Finnius » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:04 am

ok...next:

Quest #20 - Ghostly Helper - In your guide, you just have "???" for one of the items in the yellow chicken pen...the 2 items are Big Health, Decaying Lantern.

Quest #20 - Just another fun thing: after completing the cow roundup...click on the upper right cow. He will whinny like a horse instead of moo like the others.

Little item for the programmer: After opening up the Treasure Hunt in Saltwater Bay, there are only 2 options when you click on the girl - "PLAY" or "BUY ITEM"...there is no "LEAVE" option as in the previous game. (yes, I know i can just try to buy an item that i don't have enough tickets for, but it's quicker to just "leave"
Finnius

Postby SeverineSnape » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:51 am

Thanks Finnius! I'll put them through in my master doc. A new secret room I didn't know about!!! Yay!
SeverineSnape

Postby Finnius » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:15 am

...not a problem...next:

Quest #28/29 - Return to Magubbins Cave - When you go back to kill the Trickster, make sure you go up north to the room where you got the Spring Boots. The chest has been refilled with a Lamb Cutlet. (note: the Lamb Cutlet cannot be eaten, but you CAN sell it for 20g. It doesn't show up on your 'usable' list, only the 'misc' list...perhaps one of the devs can tell us if this item was once supposed to be a quest item or something. It just seems strange that such a cheap item would be found in a chest.)

Quest #31 - Lone Wolf HQ - Once you gain access inside the HQ, all the way north is a training room with a barrel. Inside is an Hourglass. (Severine, you missed this one...but I can see why, it's only an hourglass...but for completion sake, there it is.)

Quest #31 - To Trade Town - Once you have the resident badge for Trade Town, but BEFORE you do Quest #35 (Church Distraction)...you can get yourself some free money. Go inside the church, and up north to the table next to the piano. Grab "some money" (you will get 50g)...then grab "all money" (you will get 500g). I tell you to do it in this order because if you do "get all money" FIRST, you only get a total of 500...my way you get 550. Strangely, when you get "all money"...you will get stricken as if you were being attacked by a demon...BUT you will get NO DAMAGE TAKEN, NO STATS DECREASED. It's weird, but true. (I checked all my stats before and after doing this)

You must steal the money BEFORE you start Quest #35, because when that quest starts, the money will NOT be there anymore (#35 is the 'dogs of the apocalypse' sequence)
Finnius

Postby kittyclaw » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:42 am

the wt is AMAZING thank you so very very very much!!!!!!!
kittyclaw

Postby winkler » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:24 am

The back and forth is hysterical. But oh so useful. Thanks. In the end, I'm trying to avoid referencing this material until after I've completed a section... and only for re-assurance that I haven't missed anything. What a great game!
winkler

Postby Finnius » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:27 am

winkler wrote:The back and forth is hysterical. But oh so useful. Thanks. In the end, I'm trying to avoid referencing this material until after I've completed a section... and only for re-assurance that I haven't missed anything. What a great game!

That's probably the best way to go about it. There are NOT very many instances where you cannot go back to a previous section, and pick up stuff you missed.
Finnius

Postby Maximas » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:25 pm

Hello,
I also cannot "Open" the file. I have downloaded it w/o problems, but when you choose if you want to open, save or cancel it will not open. Any suggestions? Thank you so much!
Maximas

Postby eternaledensnoah » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:33 pm

Do you have the Adobe Reader???

(I use Adobe Reader)
Dawn's Light!!!
and
Eternal Eden!!!
are the bests!!!
eternaledensnoah

Postby Maximas » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:05 pm

Thanks EternalEdensNoah................that did the trick.........thanks so much!
What fun!
Maximas

Postby Finnius » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:06 am

eternaledensnoah wrote:Do you have the Adobe Reader???

(I use Adobe Reader)

I prefer Foxit. It's TINY..not like the Adobe Reader (over 100 megs just to open a PDF !?!?!?!? I think NOT!)
Finnius

Re: Dawn's christnas Walkthrough ???

Postby brain162 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:21 pm

does anyone have any idea as to how to break rocks in this game. It's a neat game, but with all these puzzles and too early to have a walkthrough yet.,I am stuck trying to break all the rocks. Even trying to go up the mountain, I can't get through all the rocks! Can't get into a store to buy anything as their is rocks blocking the entrance and no way to move. Yes I can get across the simple things, but as I am NOT a puzzle player, I think that is one game I am going to have tlo give up! I hate to quit a game, but with over 1000 games, I sure I can find something to play! THANKS FOR THE FREEBE, but I am going to pass! brain162 :?
brain162

Postby SeverineSnape » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:46 pm

Do you mean in the Christmas Tale game? You will get a hammer to break the rocks at some point in the game. Continue exploring the areas that you *can* access first. I don't know where exactly you are in the game, and I don't want to give too much away, but you need to go to the mountain first and then you will be told to go back to town via a different route. This will get you to a part of town that's behind a blocked bridge and there you will find a hammer.
SeverineSnape

Postby brain162 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:14 pm

I am in the very beginning of the game. I am very handicapped and I have so many games, I just am playing an old one. I am now at the spot to open the rocks to get across the bridges & the to get supplies, but you can't do anything unless youi can figure how to get through. It's great with the red rock, but puzzles like these confuse me so badly, it's impossible to get anywhere. I can't get up the mountain as I don't know how to break the rocks. It's a beautiful game, but I will go back to some of my other games; hate to quit games but when you are as sick as I am, it's really not worth hurting myself to play a game that is almost all puzzles! I love RPG and adventrure games. I have over 1000 games from BFG and more besides. But, because I can no longer can make my brain work like it did years ago, I never play very hard puzzle games like this, unless I can get a walkthrough. Even if you one for just the first 30 minutes, at least I would have a start! Thanks anyway! brain162 :( 8-)
brain162

Postby SeverineSnape » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:22 pm

I'm sure there will be a walkthrough soon!
SeverineSnape

Next

Return to Hints and Tips