About the Strategy Guide

Discuss puzzle solutions, general tips, walkthroughs and strategies in here.

About the Strategy Guide

Postby Daniel » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:18 pm

For the release of Curse of the Immortals, we have written a Strategy Guide. It's an optional extra for those who want it. We will still be answering questions on the forum but for anybody who wants a complete and detailed guide, this is it. :)

The guide is 133 pages in pdf format. Here's what you'll find inside:

A basic guide to the game
    A complete walkthrough from the first room to the last boss battle
    Guides for every side quest
    Solutions for every puzzle with images and written instructions
    Photo and Dragon Egg locations
    Tables for Weapons, Runes, Trinkets, Skills and Pets
    Boss strategies plus hard mode tips for every boss
    Labeled maps of the main areas

The guide is included with the version on johnwizard.com, but it is also availabe separately for $4.95.

There's a sample available at http://cdn.johnwizard.com/COTI-Guide-Sample.pdf and if you would like to purchase the complete guide you can do that here.
"May your journey be blessed and may dragons protect you on your journey."
Daniel
Site Admin

Re: About the Strategy Guide

Postby grammyapples » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:01 pm

I have purchased the strategy guide with game but where do I go to download? It takes me to the "purchase page". I have already purchased it.
Help please?
grammyapples
grammyapples

Postby Daniel » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:05 pm

There should be a link in your order confirmation email. It should look like this

Code: Select all
Thank you for ordering Curse of The Immortals - Official Strategy Guide from John Wizard Games! The following email is a summary of your order.

USING YOUR GUIDE
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can download your guide from http://www.plimus.com/...

If it doesn't work, just send me an email and I'll send you a new link. :)
Daniel
Site Admin

Postby grammyapples » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:20 pm

Thank you Dan.
I actually played game for almost 2 hours. Don't know how come it played over an hour. But do not feel guilty as I planned on purchasing anyway. LOL
Thanks Again
grammyapples

Postby Daniel » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:27 pm

Oops, I'll have to fix that. Thanks for telling me.

Thanks for your purchase. :D
Daniel
Site Admin

Postby loontune » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:06 pm

I still think that it was a great idea to release a strategy guide with your game! I know that Aveyond has started, in the last 2 to 3 games, releasing a strategy guide at the same time as the game (though on BigFish) and people usually buy it and use it. I think it's a savvy business idea and can really be helpful to those who might need it in order to find that last egg or ruin. Also, you know, while I've never written a strategy guide (or designed a game, for that matter), I've admired the difficulty in trying to create a good strategy guide that is easy to use and offers valuable info (I've used a lot of bad ones). It seems like it can be a complicated process, maybe sometimes as difficult as designing the game, maybe in a different way ;)
loontune

Postby Cennaflii » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:15 pm

Love the game so far!! As usual, I got caught up in the game and didn't realize that I had been playing for so long, which for me, normally is a good thing. However, I was playing the demo, which is supposed to only last for one hour, but i played for over three. I would really hate for all of your hard work to be given away freely if that was not your intention. I noticed in an earlier post that you were working to fix this problem, I hope you can fix it soon.
I've purchased the game and the strategy guide, and I am amazed by both. I especially love the new battle menu and the graphics in the game. The guide is one of the most well-written and comprehensive that I've had the pleasure to use. Kudos! I'm a fan for life!!! :D
Domo arigate, Debo! I will be eternally grateful!!!
Cennaflii

Postby Daniel » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:33 pm

The problem with the demo not closing after one hour is fixed for anybody who downloads the game now. :)

I'm very happy to hear that you like the guide. :D
Daniel
Site Admin

Postby Alikamou » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:54 pm

Cennaflii hit the nail on the head. The Strategy Guide is awesome with its detailed descriptions and definitions, maps, pics and just the general layout. I'm able to locate the help I need without too much trouble, unlike some actual reference manuals :lol: Thanks again for all your hard work.
Alikamou

Postby ladybegood » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:03 pm

:D :D this si the best guide i have ever used it is so clear and if you use only when stuck it tells you all you need and where to find it without hunting every page keep up the great work
ladybegood

Postby MONCHA5 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:02 am

I Bought the strategy guide but I dont know how to download it!!!! helppppp
MONCHA5

Postby loontune » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:23 am

Daniel wrote:There should be a link in your order confirmation email. It should look like this

Code: Select all
Thank you for ordering Curse of The Immortals - Official Strategy Guide from John Wizard Games! The following email is a summary of your order.

USING YOUR GUIDE
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can download your guide from http://www.plimus.com/...

If it doesn't work, just send me an email and I'll send you a new link. :)

I'm just guessing, but I'd would think that the same thing Daniel mentioned here should apply to you too ;) :D
loontune

Postby bobblegra » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:08 am

I was having trouble with the third puzzle in the city of the vanquished, and the solution in the strategy guide does not work for me. Is it wrong? Am I doing something wrong?
bobblegra

Postby Andrew » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:18 am

It looks like I forgot to put the final step in there. We'll update the guide as soon as possible, but for now you can use these directions.

http://johnwizard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=806&p=3829#p3829

That should do it :)
Andrew
Site Admin

Postby titaness » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:07 pm

Hi, I'm new here, and I see my question is answered above, but, wouldn't it be helpful to have a download of the guide at the same place you purchase it? I was
looking all over the place for it, and figured it was just me!! HEHEHE. Such has been known to happen to me!!! :lol:
titaness

Postby Daniel » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:07 pm

The guide works differently to a game. There's no demo for the guide that becomes the full version after you enter the key. We have the sample available so you can see what the guide is like but when you purchase the full guide you will get a link to download the guide in full.
Daniel
Site Admin

Postby belinda » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:15 pm

But it is still hard to figure out where to get it from, unless you are reading the forum posts here. There should be SOME instruction on the "front page."
belinda

Postby oceanloveroh » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:18 am

I am strictly using the strategy guide to get me through the City of the Vanquished....I just don't "get" those puzzles at all, and just have to blindly follow the guide. Anyway, Puzzle #5 instructions start at the bottom of page 74 of the guide. At the top of page 75 where the rest of the solution to Puzzle #5 should be, is a screen print of a totally different puzzle (an earlier one, I think). After that is Puzzle #6. Could you post the full solution to Puzzle #5, please? Thank you very much!
oceanloveroh

Postby John_Austin » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:45 am

Don't know if this will help, but here is what the puzzle looks like solved. You might be able to get it from the steps you've already gotten:

Milnerton is a Volcano.
John_Austin

Postby oceanloveroh » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:44 pm

That got me through, John. You're the best :!:
oceanloveroh

Postby DrQwerty » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:13 am

Hmmmmm.... I just do not understand WHY you would limit the amount of gold to $750???????

And THEN, your Strategy Guide says "don't forget to stop by the "Collector's" in Milnerton ... who the heck is the collector???
(trying to finish up salamander quest)

WHY would you make walking SO SLOW an ordinary feature?????

Seems like your games (Dawn's Light, Christmas Tale, and now Lilly & Sasha) are done very well and I applaud you for this ... however, you sabotage the player every now and then ... for NO REASON ...

tsk tsk ... W-H-Y?????

I bought the Strategy Guide to simplify my quest ... not throw me a curve periodically. At times, the Guide is quite helpful ... but every now and then ... FOR NO REASON ... BAM! W-H-Y??

(I seem to recall reading in your blog about how YOU hate this about a game and you hate that about a game because it is time consuming and frustrating (I think it was random monster encounter) ... YET ... YOU program your games with silly little spinning around and around of each player after a fighting victory (add those minutes up) ... I don't know ...

OVERALL ... Lilly and Sasha is a great game ... soooooo: OVERALL I highly recommend this game ... but do purchase the Strategy Guide ... even though it is confusing about how to download the Guide. (I never did get the one I purchased ... however, your staff was gracious enough to provide me with one due to the technical difficulties we encountered regarding emails back and forth)
DrQwerty

Postby belinda » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:08 pm

I LIKE walking slowly. Otherwise I get Motion Sickness. I mean, really, in real life. I kid you not.
And yes, I mean watching fast walking on the screen does this to me. Yep. Really. I can no way do 3D games without having to take a dramamine.
belinda

Postby DrQwerty » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:01 am

OOOkkkk ... may I ask where the Emerald Forest is? I am trying to finish the Grammy thingie.

Even though I have The Strategy Guide, can't seem to re-locate Emerald Forest to locate Grammy just before the FINAL SPOT that I supposedly will capture her.
DrQwerty

Postby loontune » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:50 am

DrQwerty wrote:OOOkkkk ... may I ask where the Emerald Forest is? I am trying to finish the Grammy thingie.

Even though I have The Strategy Guide, can't seem to re-locate Emerald Forest to locate Grammy just before the FINAL SPOT that I supposedly will capture her.

The Emerald Forest should be the forest area entered through the teleporter inside Vault 5 in Wilson Manor. She should be in the first area of the forest...
loontune

Postby DrQwerty » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:05 am

You mean right by the teleporter? Where ... if you enter it ... it gets very dark???
DrQwerty

Next

Return to Hints and Tips